Happy Winter Solstice!!
The final Downtown Arts Walk of 2018 is THIS Friday, on Winter Solstice! Get your pre-holiday ARTS fix, and find any last minute holiday gifts for your loved ones!
Scroll down for list of venues participating in December 21 Arts Walk…
• 315 Gallery at the Washington Co-op (315 N Lake Avenue) www.facebook.com/WashingtonGalleryDuluth
What you’ll see: Preview of ‘Snow Place Like Home’ Co-op Member annual holiday show!
• Alison Aune Studio (128 W First St, 2nd Floor)
What you’ll see: Swedish folk art paintings, Tomte-Nisse and pepperkake (gingerbread) ornaments and more! Kirsten Aune will be showcasing some of her art/textiles on the second floor too!
• Blush (18 N 1st Ave W) *open late night too!
What you’ll see: Open at 7PM! Sven-Erik Olsen, Jensen & Yard Sail – Live at Blush! Music starts at 9 PM
• Dubh Linn’s (109 W Superior St) *open late night too!
What you’ll see: Billy Barnard JAZZ trio plays from 5 to 8:30 PM! Open mic comedy begins at 10:30 PM!
• Duluth Coffee Company (105 E Superior St) www.duluthcoffeecompany.com/
What you’ll see:
In the Cafe: Emily Comnick, Handmade Felted Wool Art!
In the Hallway: Samantha Nielsen, Watercolor Installment!
• Duluth Fine Pianos (331 W Superior Street) www.DuluthFinePianos.com
What you’ll see: JAZZ@DFP! Sam Chandler will play live acoustic jazz piano, and the art of Esther Piszczek will be on display. Light refreshments will be served, and admission is still free! Come enjoy some Christmas Cheer!
• Joseph Nease Gallery (23 W 1st Street) www.josephneasegallery.com
What you’ll see:
In the Main Gallery, “Color and Pattern” works by Raissa Venables, Marcus Cain and Eric Sall!
In Gallery B, come and browse our updated selection in the Holiday Pop-Up SUPER SHOP, featuring more affordable works by gallery artists! 10% OFF, the night of the Arts Walk!
• Legacy Glassworks (32 W First Street) www.legacyglassworks.com
What you’ll see: Handblown glass barware, pipes and jewelry by regional artists!
• Lizzard’s Gallery (11 W Superior Street)
What you’ll see:
Artists have been bringing new items into the gallery for Holiday gift-giving, including new pottery by Gail Rosenquist and Paul Zoldahn!
• The Rathskellar (208 E 1st Street) *open late night too!
(132 E. Superior St, Corner of Michigan Street and 2nd Avenue East, under the red light)
What you’ll experience: First Havanna Friday night!
What you’ll see: Silk Paintings by Lee Zimmerman!
• The Red Herring (208 E 1st Street) *open late night too!
What you’ll see (and hear!): Once Upon an Imagination: photography exhibit by Alyssa Johnson of Blind Spot Creatives. Once Upon an Imagination is a photography exhibit exploring the impact of nurturing our creativity and youthful perspective. Beginning @ 8 PM, Mark Joseph performs Paul Simon’s “Graceland”!
• Studio 101 (101 E. Michigan St)
What you’ll see: WORKING ARTIST’S STUDIO! Portrait and Landscape Work by Dorothea Diver, Goran Hellekant, Constance Johnston, Cot LaFond, Dale Lucas and Larry Turbes!
• The Tight Squeek Press (128 W First St, Suite B)
What you’ll see: Open House featuring hands-on Nordic card printing hosted by Jon Hinkel, Proprietor!
• Tischer Photographic Gallery (5 W Superior Street) www.TischerGallery.com
What you’ll see: Annual Display Piece Clearance Sale, featuring up to 75% off artwork!
• Wagner Zaun Architecture (3 W Superior Street) www.wagnerzaun.com
WINDOW VIEW ONLY > What you’ll see: The fine woodwork of Josh Rude, as well as an original encaustic by his partner, Natalie Salminen. Their work will be on display in the window through the end of the year. Last month to see!
• Zeitgeist Arts (222 East Superior Street) www.zeitgeistarts.com
What you’ll see: Matt Kania, Duluth painter and print-maker’s exhibtiton, “DOing: A Labor of Love”. Oil paintings of artists and artisans doing the art or craft that they love!
FOLLOW our facebook page for info on specific venues open during this month’s night of ultimate downtown fun!