We look forward to seeing you on Friday Nov 30! Most venues are open 5-8pm!
Participating in Downtown Arts Walk on Friday November 30, 2018:
• 315 Gallery at the Washington Co-op (315 N Lake Avenue) www.facebook.com/WashingtonGalleryDuluth
What you’ll see: Preview of ‘Snow Place Like Home’ Co-op Member annual holiday show.
• AICHO Galleries / Dr. Robert Powless Cultural Center / Indigenous First Art & Gifts (202 W 2nd Street) www.facebook.com/aichogalleries
What you’ll see:
Urban Indigenous youth / Growing Our Way: AICHO Calendar Release & Youth Exhibit / Join us for the release of our 2019 calendar and an exhibit honoring the youth whose photography is featured in it!
2019 AICHO Calendars are a part of a collaboration with In Progress featuring imagery captured by urban Indigenous youth that depicts themes related to Indigenous food sovereignty. They will be available to purchase at the reception and ongoing at our Indigenous Art & Gift Shop for $15.
• Art in the Alley (230 E Superior Street) www.artinthealley.com
What you’ll see: Jewelry designer, Amanda Udesen, will be displaying her leather & semi precious stone jewelry
• Blush (18 N 1st Ave W) *open late night too!
What you’ll see: Open at 7PM! ~ a musical concert for ppl ~ Elle PF – feminist orchestral rock of Minneapolis/ YYY – lights and sounds of cool world / prone – funky synth-core trio of Duluth! Music starts at 8:30 PM
• Duluth Coffee Company (105 E Superior St) www.duluthcoffeecompany.com/
What you’ll see:
In the Cafe: Emily Comnick, Handmade Felted Wool Art
In the Hallway: Samantha Nielsen, Watercolor Installment
• Duluth Fine Pianos (331 W Superior Street) www.DuluthFinePianos.com
What you’ll see: This will be the first JAZZ@DFP! event, featuring Ryan Frane on piano, Sam Miltich on guitar and Matt Mobley on bass, playing fine acoustic jazz music from 6-8 pm. The Zentangle Art of Esther Piszczek will be on display, and light refreshments will be served. Admission is free
• Joseph Nease Gallery (23 W 1st Street) www.josephneasegallery.com
What you’ll see:
One Year Anniversary Celebration! Join us for a slice of Birthday Cake!
In the Main Gallery, “Color and Pattern” works by Raissa Venables, Marcus Cain and Eric Sall!
In Gallery B, come and browse our Holiday Pop-Up Super Shop, featuring more affordable works by gallery artists.
• Legacy Glassworks (32 W First Street) www.legacyglassworks.com
• Lizzard’s Gallery (11 W Superior Street) www.lizzards.com
What you’ll see: New artwork delivered to the Gallery!! Selection of blown glass Christmas tree ornaments! Awesome jewelry by Terri Reinke, new paintings by Sue Pavlatos, Terry Millikan, Adam Swanson and Aaron Kloss plus spectacular felted/beaded work by Jo Wood! Spectacular segmented woodturned bowls handcrafted by Duluth artist Tom Lohman! Jeff first saw this artwork while doing an installation at a customers home, we contacted Tom and waited patiently. Still up: Murphy and Murphy!
• Nordic Center (23 N Lake Avenue)
What you’ll see: Vist Pepperkakebyen (Gingerbread City) Duluth at the Nordic Center. View gingerbread houses made by area children, youth groups and art classes, adults and businesses! Experience the Danish “Hygge” cozy, enjoy mulled cider and of course have some pepperkaker (ginger snaps)!?
• Pineapple Arts store (124 W 1st Street) www.facebook.com/pineappleart.duluth
• The Rathskellar (208 E 1st Street) *open late night too!
(132 E. Superior St, Corner of Michigan Street and 2nd Avenue East, under the red light) www.rathskellerduluth.com
• The Red Herring (208 E 1st Street) *open late night too!
What you’ll see (and hear!): Jim Richardson’s cartoon art show! Beginning @ 9 PM, The Last Revel performs with special guest Barbaro!
• Rockingchair Studio (120 W. 1st Street)
What you’ll see:
Works on Paper by artist Cecilia Ramón. Cecilia Ramón’s creative work explores the cross section of art-making, ecology, and resilience thinking. Her recent focus is on ocean currents, water dynamics and organisms.
Also: Pop-Up Shop selling Holiday Cards by UMD Art & Design Students to benefit the Trevor Project.
• Studio 101 (101 E. Michigan St)
What you’ll see: WORKING ARTIST’S STUDIO! Portrait and Landscape Work by Dorothea Diver, Goran Hellekant, Constance Johnston, Cot LaFond, Dale Lucas and Larry Turbes.
• Tischer Photographic Gallery (5 W Superior Street) www.TischerGallery.com
What you’ll see: Annual Display Piece Clearance Sale, featuring up to 75% off artwork.
• Wagner Zaun Architecture (3 W Superior Street) www.wagnerzaun.com
What you’ll see: The fine woodwork of Josh Rude, as well as an original encaustic by his partner, Natalie Salminen. Their work will be on display through the end of the year.
• Zeitgeist Arts (5 W Superior Street) www.zeitgeistarts.com
What you’ll see: Day of the Dead’ Exposition. Artists: Luis Fitch, Jimmy Longoria, Dougie Padilla, Renan Cruz, and Mary Plaster. This exhibit is a part of Zeitgeist’s ‘Spirit of Duluth Dinner and Film’ series which is celebrating Mexican culture and cuisine in November.